Friday, April 11, 2008

A couple of crafty things..

I know my blog has been a little neglected the last few weeks - sorry! But to be honest, other than layouts/projects for For Keeps I haven't been creating that much, so haven't had much to show.
I did just finish this layout this afternoon. Photos were taken by Danielle and I just LOVE these photos of Sienna - she's such a spunk! I actually started this layout about two weeks ago - see what I mean, slack...LOL...

I've also found a new hobby - making Softies. I finished my first one this week, which is a beetle bug design by Carly Schwerdt from a Softies book that I bought - I think you can buy it at Borders. I love mixing up the fabrics and they are just so little and cute, and quite quick to make too. Hmm, I think my next one is an owl. I'm hoping that after I've made a few from other people's designs that I will gain the confidence to design some of my own....here's hoping anyway :-P

My parents were over for a long weekend last week, and we had fun, as always, just hanging out. We all headed up to Sky High in Mt Dandenong on Sunday - it was such a beautiful day - and after a leisurely lunch we ran the kids through the hedge maze. They had a ball! My photos didn't turn out too well - too bright - but Dan had her camera as well, so I'm sure there will be some fab shots from her.

Congratulations to Rach Scholz and Kim Ogden on winning the SIA Commercial Design Team Award during the week - well done ladies! What a huge adrenalin rush winning that must have been.

Not much else happening at the moment. Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelly.
    I have been meaning to visit your blog for awhile now and thought it was about time that I did!
    love your latest layout and your little 'softie' looks fab! I really should buy myself one of those books. I love seeing what others make.
    Enjoy your week.
    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!