Sunday, October 5, 2008

Challenges A-plenty :-P

I have had a fantastic scrapping weekend. My hubby has been away for two nights, working on his uncle's new house, which is about 1 1/2 hours away, so to save travel time & costs, he just stayed down there. So that really allowed me the time to scrap away with friends and by myself. The kids have been really well behaved, which is another bonus :-)

So, first up is the first finals round, Round 5, in the SYTYCS comp over at Scraptacular - woo hoo - can't believe I made it through this far. I'm very excited about it though. This was a REAL challenge - an arty/free-style type layout and it had to have : * at least one odd edge, *paint (excluding painting chipboard embellishments/words), * doodling, *title must be hand-written/handmade (at least 75% of the title must meet this criteria) and *it must include an everyday or thrift item. So here is my effort :

And here is a close-up of the wire word 'all' that I made :

Next layout up is one of the cyber-crop challenges over at the Scrap Therapy ROCtober CC. This was for challenge 3, and was a sketch which I flipped, and it also had to have music visible on the layout - I've used Love Elsie paper. This layout is of my gorgeous friend Kate's baby girl - Abby Grace - she's so sweet and perfect.

And finally, this last layout is for the 1,2,3 Challenge Blog for October. This month we actually were given 4 things of which we could choose 3 to include. I've included hand-stitching, a garden theme (the photo) and a little animal embellishment (gotta love the new Sass Lass chipboard - so adorable!). Alannah's name actually means "fair and beautiful" so I thought the title perfect for this photo. For a change, I actually just popped some journaling on the back, in pencil.

I'm still really loving the Basic Grey Urban Prairie range, but I just got my hands on a lot of the new Sassafras Lass ranges, as well as some of the KI Memories Sheer Delights. The sheer delights are really different - they kind of feel like thin place-mats. I'm still yet to have a proper play with them, but they look very cool. Ruey at Kiti Q has a huge range of them.

Ok, I'm off to scrap some more....well, after I fold a load of washing.

Enjoy your Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. I love them all. The little hedgehog is adorable, and the wire "all" is just so cute. I love the techniques you used. Beautiful stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I got some sheer delights from KittiQ today!!! Can't wait to play :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh - such fab layouts!

    Love the 'abby' one - makes me clucky...lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!