Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little Lego Madness..

madness...ok, maybe not..but after baking, icing, pizza-ing and creating all food things lego, madness is the word most working for me :-P

Here's a recap of my lego theme craziness in pictures...

cupcakes...

lego cake, using marshmallows as the bumps. I think I've figured out an easier way to ice this cake...live and learn, hey?


lego man cookies...


marshmallow lego men pops..


a few more cupcakes...


And my sis, Dan, put together this fruit platter...clever chic...


And other than the usual balloons and streamers, we also had this hanging in the doorway...


And even though it's not remotely related to lego, Rohan dressed up in his transformer costume, and gave the kids some 'robot' dancing lessons. We have it on video, and it's very amusing (I think he freaked at least one kid out..well, at least for the first song :-P).


So that pretty much sums up our party creations. From the feedback I've received, all the kids had fun, which is, of course, the main thing.

Things I learnt :
1) I really suck at icing biscuits (notice the iced versions of the lego men cookies are nowhere to be seen :-P)
2) A cake decorating course is in my near future - I'm sure there are techniques to working with fondant, that would just make it all a lot smoother and more 'finished' looking
3) That the song 'Blue Monday' by New Order is not a song to get a group of 5 & 6 year old boys dancing (sorry honey x)

Happy to have made Judes week with this party, but am so glad that no parties are in my foreseeable future.

Now, back to the sewing machine!

xx

4 comments:

  1. that is AWESOME!!!! I love it all Kelly! You clever chickee!!!! where did you get the lego cutter from??? that is COOL!!!

    XOXO Charmane

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jude too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job Kelly. Love it all. You have a very lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Kelly, this is inspiring! can't believe how much work you put into the cakes and cookies. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing party! a very lucky little man.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!