Thursday, April 14, 2011

So, So Naughty...but So, So Yummy - Homemade Fudge

I have a sweet tooth.

I don't deny it, but I do try and bury it as much as possible (you know, watching my weight, and all that jazz :-P) but when my Dad emailed me this fudge recipe he'd found, I just had to try it out...


And....oh my goodness....was it scrumptious!

And just so I'm not alone in my indulgence, here is the recipe...

125g butter
1 1/2 cups rich brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
395g can condensed milk
180g white cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts (optional)

* Line a 28cm x 18cm x 3cm pan with foil.
* Melt butter in large saucepan.
* Add brown sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk, stir over medium heat until boiling.
* Lower heat and cook, stirring for 10 minutes.
* Remove from heat and add chocolate, stir until smooth.
* The fudge will start to set quite quickly, so immediately stir in the nuts and pour into prepared
pan, then spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
* Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 mins, then refrigerate until firm.
* Cut into small pieces - makes about 40 pieces.

Other variations :
* Swap white chocolate for milk chocolate, and add some Kahlua (or a liquer of your choice)
* Swap white chocolate for dark chocolate, and add some peppermint or orange essence

Recipe from Bundaberg Sugar.

4 comments:

  1. Me thinks me will have to make this one.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm fudge. Mel LaRosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaaaah I so didn't need to see that!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so very very good!
    I haven't had fudge for ages... Too long.

    Maybe I'll have to pick up a few ingredients tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made 2 batches of this today one as per the recipe the other I played with a bit. I used treacle instead of the golden syrup, dark muscovado cane sugar instaed of brown sugar and dark almost bitter choc instead of the white, then I added raisins I had soaked in rum for some time...... very yum......thanks for your insperation. Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!