Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Weekend of Lovely

Lovely friends, lovely weather, lovely food, lovely craft and of course, lovely Daylesford.

Our cute little cottage - walking distance to the main strip in Daylesford, and the Lark store..


And we planned it well - we were at Lark first thing, for day 1 of their annual garage sale - we all managed to pick up a bargain or two....or maybe more :-P


The cafes in Daylesford are plentiful. We chose 3 to eat at and can I just say - yum!


Saturday night we all cosied up on the couches, in front of a wonderful open fire....


and enjoyed fabulous food and wine, while watching chick flicks....without interruption!!


Sunday, Kate and I headed off to Peppers in Hepburn Springs for our day of craft...


The talented Kristen Doran sat at our table a lot throughout the day, with her friend, the sweet Melinda from Paperklip.

Here is a couple of Kristen's projects for the day...I'm in love with this retro caravan design, but wasn't in love with the fabrics for this project, so I've got the pattern and I plan on doing it on something just a little bit more 'me'.


Just one of many quirky embroidery projects that were available to make, by Jodie from Ric Rac. Another of Jodie's projects was the felt 'craft clock' which had a 16 hour clock face - to make sure we all have enough time for craft in our day - I loved it, so have bought the kit and plan on making this sometime soon, as well as this embroidery. They'll be perfect for my craft nook.


And finally, one of the projects from the clever crafter, Melly from Melly and Me. I currently have this flower design in my hoop at the moment. And after learning a few new stitches, I am quite enjoying the process, and thinking up many things to play with stitches on.


So just a quick summary of our weekend. Needless to say, I'm sure, that the time out from 'mummy duty' was enjoyed muchly, as was the quality time with Danielle & Kate. We are already talking about the next one....Red Hill maybe?

xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so jealous! A whole weekend with the girls - have to get myself one of those! Love the caravan project - did you see the canvas I just covered for Micah? And now I'm working on a felt/thread collage for his room with a similar design for his wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... looks like you guys had so much fun... what a perfect weekend! I'm going a slight shade of green :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does indeed sound lovely. the perfect way to spend a weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!