Monday, September 26, 2011

Cupcakes!

Friday night, my friend Kate and I headed into the city, to CAE in Flinders Lane to attend 'Cupcakes Galore' - a cupcake decorating course. We had bought a couple of vouchers from one of those websites (you know the ones? - Scoopon, Living Social, Daily Deals, etc) at around 60% off of the regular price - bargain!

The course was all about technique, more than anything, and after 2 hours of theory, we got to play on our own 6 cupcakes.

Here are the 5 techniques I played with :

This one the teacher called 'The Proposal Cupcake' but it really was just using chocolate ganache instead of buttercream and adding red roses...(oh, and all the flowers used were premade..but I will learn how to do them one day too! The leaves are by me though :-P)


"The Classic"


"The Lattice"


"The Softserve" - this is my favourite, as I think it would look fantastic on mass, and it's just so cupcake-y..


"The Topiary"


And she also demonstrated "The Rose" which was just beautiful but I didn't get a chance to try that one, although Kate did and it looked amazing, even with the icing being a bit too warm and droopy.

So, that was my Friday night.

How was your weekend?

xx

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS Kelly... LOVE them all!!

    Weekend was busy as always... BUT I managed some scrapping for only the second time this month :S

    Hope you are your fam are well XOXO Charmane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Like miniature edible gardens.

    Was there icing everywhere at the end of the evening?

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!