Monday, September 5, 2011

Honey Ginger Chicken Wings - A Crowd Pleaser

On the weekend, we hosted a family get together for Rohan's parents 44th wedding anniversary, and I cooked a lot of things - meat dishes, desserts and a salad.

Amongst all the yummy food was a dish that my mum used to make for our family gatherings, when I was a kid, and from memory, they disappeared just as quickly then as they did yesterday!

So I thought I'd share this super yummy chicken dish today...


Honey Ginger Chicken Wings

Ingredients :
500g chicken wings or wingettes
30g butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon worchestshire sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon cornflour
salt and pepper 


How to :

* Place wings into greased baking dish
* Brush chicken wings with butter
* Bake uncovered in a moderate oven for 25 minutes
* Combine in saucepan :
   honey, soy sauce, worchestshire sauce, lemon juice, ginger, stock cube, water combined with cornflour,
   salt and pepper
* Stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens
* Pour sauce over chicken wings and continue cooking until wings are golden brown and tender.
   (approx anothr 25 minutes)


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Oh yum...my mum too made these when we were young....brought back memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!