Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quick Quiche Yumminess

I love this recipe - it's quick, it's easy, you can change the fillings and the kids love it - win, win!

So I thought I'd share :

Quick Chicken and Pesto Quiches
Makes 12

3 sheets Puff Pastry, partially thawed
1 small BBQ Chicken
1 cup grated Cheese
4 Eggs
2/3 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Basil Pesto

* Place a baking tray into the oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200 deg.
* Lightly grease a 12 x 1/3 cup muffin pan.
* Cut 4 x 10cm diameter rounds from each sheet of pastry (I used a rammekin for my guide)
* Use pastry to line bases and sides of muffin holes.
* Remove chicken from bones. Shred chicken.
* Divide chicken and cheese between pastry cases.
* Beat eggs, sour cream, pesto, salt and pepper in a jug, with a fork to combine.
* Spoon over chicken and cheese.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until centres are set.
* Serve warm or at room temperature.

Variations : When I made these yesterday, I swapped the chicken for shaved virginian ham and mushrooms. Other options are olives and roasted capsicum, ham and pineapple, tomato and mushroom...and I'm sure I could think of plenty more!

Also, I swapped to 'light' ingredients where I could - usually the cheese and sour cream - and it still worked fine.

And I usually have enough egg mixture to make another 4-6 quiches, so having a spare sheet of puff pastry could be useful.

Perfect for a sunny spring lunch!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!