Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Backyard Blitz - Stage 1

So, technically, it's probably more sideyard with a bit of backyard thrown in, but 'sideyard blitz' just didn't sound as catchy for a blog post title :-P

Anyhow, we are currently landscaping our yard, and this is the progress so far...

Before...

Excavated...

All boxed up...

Concreted...

Now I thought these photos, from the same angle, made the most sense to blog about, but in all honesty, the concreting/excavating/landscaping goes around to the right, to the back door, down some more steps and around the back of the house.

Now it's all ready to be paved, and to also have some decking put down. I'm thinking some sort of railing would be a good idea, around the edge of the paved/decked area - although the drop isn't as dramatic as it looks in these photos.

I like the look of the wire railing, because I really don't want to block any view..

I wouldn't mind this view either :-P

And I think you can buy  it in DIY kits, which is even better.

So paving is starting this weekend - woo hoo!! Can't wait to see it all come together.

And then the planting will begin.

Will keep you updated :-)

xx

1 comment:

  1. Nice project! I also like the wire railing look. I know this whole thing is a lot of work but it'll look (and feel) great once it's done. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!