Friday, July 13, 2012

Pin It! Make It! : Chocolate, Choc Chip and Zucchini Cake


I don't know about you, but I love being able to sneak something healthy into what is considered a 'treat' food. No, not to be dishonest about it - my kids know there is veg in this cake - but to just add a bit of nutrition into something so yummy.


And yummy this cake is.

Pinned here.
Original link is here.

The recipe takes about 3 medium sized zucchinis, which makes up 2 log cakes.
With the original recipe, there is no icing, but my hubby prefers all cakes to have icing (except for maybe my Orange & Poppyseed Loaf) so I just smoothed on a thin layer of basic choc icing.

The recipe is easy to follow, and I definitely think this one will be added to our family favourite recipes box.

A great pin!

How about you guys? Anyone been Pinterest inspired lately?

4 comments:

  1. Hi. My Pin It! Make It! for this week was also chocolatey. The post is from a blog I collaborate on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that looks great! sorry I am totally rubbish at the pin it make it! it's just hard to do on a Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think most of my food re-pins are from your board!
    i wish i actually cooked and baked more of the recipes i pin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee I had to chuckle to myself as I realise I haven't actually made anything from my 586pinterest pins as I've been too busy pinning! Must stop pinning and start making again!! What a great idea this link up is though. Will look further into to when its not past midnight!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!